Belfaux: Difference between revisions

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "{{media}}" to " {{ch1}} {{media1}}")
m (Text replacement - "{{ch}}↵" to "")
Line 1: Line 1:
{{ch}}


'''BELFAUX'''
'''BELFAUX'''

Revision as of 08:49, 30 December 2022

BELFAUX

Canton : Fribourg
Additions : 1977 Cutterwil; 2016 Autafond

Armoiries de Belfaux

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were adopted in 2015 and became valid on January 1st, 2016.

The original arms of Belfaux showed a deer on a hill with a small cross. The deer is taken from the arms of the Counts of Thierstein, who ruled the village until 1442. The cross refers to the Fribourg Hospital, which had several rights and possessions in the area.

After the merger with Cutterwil in 1977 new arms were designed, showing a linden tree (even though the name could have been derived from 'bellus fagus' or 'beautiful beech').

After the second merger with Autafond, the old arms were restored, but now with a small rose form the arms of Autafond instead of the cross.

Wappen von/Blason de Belfaux

The arms until 1977
Arms (crest) of Belfaux

The arms from 1977-2015

Literature:


Template:Ch1 Template:Media1