Duchy of Auschwitz

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 05:21, 23 June 2017 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "====Origin/meaning====" to "===Origin/meaning===")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ooshong.gif
Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of the Austro-Hungarian Empire
Ooshong.gif

DUCHY OF AUSCHWITZ

Arms (crest) of Duchy of Auschwitz

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The Duchy of Auschwitz (now Oświęcim Poland) was bought by the Polish Kings in 1457. After the Polish Division in 1772 the Duchy became part of Austria-Hungary. The eagle is either the old eagle of Silezia, or the eagle of Poland. The colours were changed to silver and blue in 1806.


Heraldry of the World is a private site and maintained as a hobby, which takes a lot of time and effort (and costs).
If you like this initiative, please support the site:


Please visit our partners (click on image):



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature : Ströhl, 1890