Echternach

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on November 10, 1818 by the Dutch College of Arms (Luxembourg was ruled by the King of the Netherlands as Grand-Duke of Luxembourg at the time) and confirmed on December 31, 1838 by the Belgian King.

The arms have not officially been granted by the Luxembourg government.

The eagle has been used on the seals of the city since Medieval times. The origin of the eagle, however, is not known.


The arms in the Coffee Hag albums +/- 1930

The arms on a local manhole cover (August 2013)

The arms on a Dutch Willem II cigar band

The arms on a monument in Luxembourg city (2010)

Rate these arms / rate this page :

0.00
      (0 votes)

(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)

Follow us on  

Share on :

(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)


Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.