|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Gold zwei bewurzelte grünen Eschen über blauen Wellenbalken.
The arms were officially granted in October 1953.
The arms are canting, showing two ash trees (Eschen) and a wavy bar (Bach, stream). The trees already appeared on a seal of the village from the middle of the 17th century. Instead of a bar, the seal showed a crescent and a sun. In the 1950s the council finally voted for canting arms, instead of the addition of the sun and moon.
The gold and blue colours are those of Nassau, as the village already in 1326 became a possession of the Counts of Nassau(-Usingen).
In 1816 the village had a seal made with a mountain or rock (probably showing the Eschbacher Klippen), which was used until the middle of the 20th century.
The arms in front of the community centre
Image by Marvin Müller
Literature : Hessisches Wappenbuch, 1956