Gochsheim (Kraichtal): Difference between revisions

m
Text replacement - ".jpg|center]]" to ".jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]]"
m (Text replacement - "{{PAGENNAME}}" to "{{PAGENAME}}")
m (Text replacement - ".jpg|center]]" to ".jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]]")
Line 15: Line 15:
Gochsheim is first mentioned as Gozbodesheim in the early 9<sup>th</sup> century. In the early 13<sup>th</sup> century it was owned by the Counts of Eberstein, who also granted the city rights to the town. After the death of the last Count of Ebersberg, Gochsheim became a possession of Württemberg. In 1806 it became part of Baden.  
Gochsheim is first mentioned as Gozbodesheim in the early 9<sup>th</sup> century. In the early 13<sup>th</sup> century it was owned by the Counts of Eberstein, who also granted the city rights to the town. After the death of the last Count of Ebersberg, Gochsheim became a possession of Württemberg. In 1806 it became part of Baden.  


The oldest seal of the city dates from 1316 and shows already the rose on a shield (see below). [[File:gochshe2.jpg|center]]
The oldest seal of the city dates from 1316 and shows already the rose on a shield (see below). [[File:gochshe2.jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]]


The rose is derived from the arms of the counts of Ebersheim. In later seals the rose was still used, but not yet on a shield, and three stars were added. In the 16<sup>th</sup> century the rose was again placed as the sole object on a shield. In the early 19<sup>th</sup> century a crown was used on the shield. In the late 19<sup>th</sup> century the heraldic rose was replaced by a natural rose. The old rose was restored in 1898, but until 1945 the old seal with the natural rose was sometimes used.
The rose is derived from the arms of the counts of Ebersheim. In later seals the rose was still used, but not yet on a shield, and three stars were added. In the 16<sup>th</sup> century the rose was again placed as the sole object on a shield. In the early 19<sup>th</sup> century a crown was used on the shield. In the late 19<sup>th</sup> century the heraldic rose was replaced by a natural rose. The old rose was restored in 1898, but until 1945 the old seal with the natural rose was sometimes used.
approved, Bureaucrats, Interface administrators, Members who can see the literature depository, Administrators, uploader
3,726,078

edits