|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on November 22, 1954.
The largest part of the district belonged in the 12th and 13th centuries to the County of Hohenlohe, which is symbolised by the two lions of Hohenlohe in the right half of the arms. The keys symbolise the powerful Abbey of Öhringen, that held many goods in the district.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.