|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on October 16, 1958.
The upper left half of the arms shows the arms of the Counts of Heiligenberg, who, until 1277 ruled the largest part of the district. Their main castle was also in the district. The lower right half shows a fish as a symbol for the Bodensee lake, which borders the district.
The arms on an cover
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.