From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 09:43, 28 January 2024 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Incorporated into :" to "Incorporated into:")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Oost-Vlaanderen
Incorporated into: 1976 Erpe-Mere

Wapen van Aaigem/Arms (crest) of Aaigem

Official blazon

Van zilver beladen met een fasce van keel, waarop 3 sterren van zilver en verzeld van twee klimmende leeuwen en chef en een en pointe alles van keel.


The arms were granted on August 4, 1818.

The oldest seal of the village dates from 1348 and shows a church, flanked by two small shields. These shields showed the arms of Vlaanderen and Bourgogne. These symbolised that the Counts of Bourgogne (Burgundy) were also Counts of Vlaanderen (Flanders) at the time. Later 15th century seals also show the same composition.

In 1814 the local council applied for the above arms, which are a combination of the arms of the Rotselaer Estate (3 lions) and the arms of Pierre-Louis Dubois (bar with stars). Aaigem formed, with six other villages the Rotselaer Estate and Pierre-Louis Dubois was its last owner.

Literature: Servais, 1955

Belgium heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,284
  • of which images : 5,065

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site