Aberchirder

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
United Kingdom.jpg
British heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
Unitedkingdom-flag.gif

  • Overseas possessions
  • Total pages in the British section : 6,334
  • Total images in the British section : 5,573

ABERCHIRDER

Incorporated into : 1975 Banff and Buchan District Council (1996 Aberdeenshire Area Council)

The Burgh never used arms, only the seal below.

Arms (crest) of Aberchirder

Community Council

Arms (crest) of Aberchirder

Official blazon

Tierced in pairle reversed 1st Or two croziers in saltire Azure, 2nd Azure a boar's head couped Or, and 3rd, Argent a cross pattee Azure.

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on ?

Although founded in 1746, Aberchirder did not have arms, although it did use a cross pattee on its seal. As the town is on land historically belonging to Arbroath Abbey, this may account for the croziers while the boar's head on an Azure ground is a quotation from the arms of the founder, Gordon of Auchintoul.

Literature:


Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Porteous, 1906; Image from Lord Lyon Court Twitter account