|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (1903) In Silber über blauem Wellenschildfuss auf grünem Boden wachsend ein Laubbaum in natürlicher Farbe.
- (1934) In gespaltenem Schild vorne in Blau ein aufgerichteter, linksgewendeter goldener Hirsch, hinten in Silber auf grünem Dreiberg eine grüne Linde mit schwarzem Stamm.
The arms were adopted after the merger of 1934.
The deer is taken from the large St. Blasien Abbey, to which most of the area historically belonged from 1409-1804. The tree is a linden tree and refers to the 'peace-linden' planted in 1651 by the villagers marking the end of the Thirty Years War. For many years the local village court was held under this tree.
The previous arms were proposed in 1903 by the State Archives and adopted in 1913.
These arms show a tree, probably referring to a linden, but not specified. The blue base was canting, Achdorf meaning Village near the (Wut)Ach river.