Adamów (Łuków)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms are adopted in 2013.

The bear is taken from the arms of the founders of the town, Adam and Jerome Rusiecki. The arms with the bear are known from the old seals of the town dating from 1565. Until 2013 the bear was facing left, as can be seen in the images below.


The seal from 1565 (source Wikipedia)

The arms as shown around 1970

Follow us on
   
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
 
Contact us
Support the site:

Click on the image to see how to support the site !

Literature : -