|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
- (de) Geteilt von Gold und Schwarz; oben nebeneinander schräg gekreuzt ein schwarzer Hammer und ein schwarzer Schlägel sowie ein rot gezungter schwarzer Löwenkopf; unten ein goldener Ring mit silbernem Stein.
The arms were granted on May 3, 1968.
The upper half shows two crossed hammers, symbolising the Hammerau iron factory. The lion is taken from the arms of the State of Salzburg, to which the area belonged until 1803. The colours are also derived from those of the State of Salzburg.
The lower half shows a ring, which is derived from the arms of the Rüsenbach family. Friedrich von Rüsenbach founded the local parish in the 16th century. The arms of the family showed the ring in a red shield, which was adapted to the colours of the upper half in the arms of the municipality.
|Follow us on||
(when sharing use #heraldryoftheworld when possible)
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
|Rate these arms / rate this page :
(no information about you is stored when voting, only the vote itself is stored)
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.