Allinge-Sandvig

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Verdens Heraldik
Denmark.jpg
Danish heraldry portal
Dansk Heraldik
Denmark-flag.gif
Groenla2.jpg
Greenland heraldry portal
  • Greenland
  • Total pages in the Greenland section : 32
Foroyar1.jpg
Faroe Islands heraldry portal
  • Total pages in the Danish section : 1,934
  • Total images in the Danish section : 954

ALLINGE-SANDVIG

Region : Hovedstaden
Amt (until 2007) : Bornholm
Incorporated into : 1970 : Allinge-Gudhjem (2007 Bornholm)

Arms (crest) of Allinge-Sandvig

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted by Royal decree in 1897, and symbolise the sailing and fisheries, which are of great importance to the town. The anchor is also derived from the old seal of the district, known from 1584. It shows St. Clement, patron saint of sailors, with his symbol, the anchor.

Arms (crest) of Allinge-Sandvig

The arms in the Kaffe Hag album, 1933

Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature: Achen, 1982; Zeuthen, 2000