|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Oberösterreich
District : Rohrbach
The arms were granted on April 24, 1978.
The ibex was chosen as a symbol for the village for two reasons. One was the discovery of a tombstone from 1355 from a Getrude Steinböck, with the canting Steinbock (ibex). Secondly the ibex is used as a symbol for the nature reserve nearby.
The lower part of the arms show the Kleine and Grosse Mühl, the two rivers that run through the municipality.
Literature : Baumert, H.E. : Oberösterreichische Gemeindewappen, Linz, 1996.