|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on March 24, 1958.
The arms show the lions of the Pfalz and Bamberg. Large part of the district was part of the Pfalz, whereas the city of Vilseck and surroundings were a possession of the Prince-bishops of Bamberg. The lower part of the arms shows the historical colours of Franken (Franconia).
The arms in the Deutsches Wappenmuseum
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.