AMEL

Province : Liège
Additions: 1977 Heppenbach, Meyerode

Armoiries de Amel

Official blazon

  • (1938) Parti: à dextre, burelé d'argent et d'azur de dix pièces au lion de gueules armé, lampassé et couronné d'or, à la queue fourchue et passée en sautoir, brochant sur le tout: à senestre, d'azur à la fasce ondée d'argent.
  • (1980) gespalten, rechts von Silber und Blau neunmal geteilt, belegt mit einem gold gekrönten, gold bezungten und gold bewehrten zweischwánzigen roten Löwen, links in Blau ein silberner Wellenbalken.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on October 14, 1938 and confirmed on October 13, 1982.

Historically the area belonged to the Duchy of Luxembourg, hence the lion of Luxembourg in the right half of the arms. The left half show sthe Amel river, which is named after the village.

Wapen van/Blason de Amel

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Wapen van/Blason de Amel

The arms on a police badge (source)

Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink  
Index of the site

Literature: Servais, M. : Armorial des provinces et des communes de Belgique. Liege, 1955, 1041 p