The arms were officially granted on May 25, 1939.
The mountain in the chief stands for the Stemweder Berg. The sword symbolizes the former district court of Wehdem. The sword is taken from the seal of Gehrke Wedeham from 1441, who was a judge in Wehdem.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: image from Wikimedia Commons