The arms were officially granted on January 7, 1939.
The upper part shows a pair of scales, symbolising that the village of Greven in medieval times held a well-known market. The base shows the Ems river.
To the Amt belonged :
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink