|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on August 17, 1943 and again on January 27, 1956.
The wavy bar symbolises the Were river, that runs through the municipality. The green colour symbolises the agricultural character of the municipality. The water-lily leaves are taken from the arms of the Duchy of Engern, which was created in the 16th century, as a possession of the Dukes of Sachsen-Lauenburg.
The following municipalities belonged to Amt Löhne :
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.