|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Vorarlberg
District : Bregenz
The arms were officially granted on April 9, 1930.
Like many other municipalities in the Bregenzer Wald, the municipality used a pine tree on its seal since the 19th century. The pine tree was placed in the arms on the local monument of the council house of the Bregenzer Wald (destroyed in the 18th century). The monument was erected in 1871.
The meaning of the stars is not known.
Seal from around 1900
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
The arms in the Abadie albums
Literature : Burmeister, 1975