|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Salzburg
District : Salzburg-Umgebung
The arms were officially granted on May 21, 1952.
The eagle is taken from the arms of the Bishops of Chiemsee, who owned the local castle from 1693-1814. The bow is taken from the arms of their successor, Count Alois Arco, who also made the establishing of a separate municipality possible.
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985