|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
ANNABERG-LUNGÖTZ (also ANNABERG IM LAMMERTAL)
State : Salzburg
District : Hallein
The arms were granted on February 11, 1972.
The upper half of the arms show the crossed keys, symbol of St. Peter. The local church was built in 1750 and became a possession of the St. Peter Abbey in Salzburg two years later. The lower half shows the Dachstein mountains and a saw as a symbol for forestry, a major occupation in the area for many centuries.
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985