Anzegem

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

  • (1933) In goud een keper van keel beladen met drie ringen van zilver, het schild geplaatst voor een Sint Johannes Baptista van goud.
  • (1986) Gevierendeeld 1. en 4. in goud een keper van keel, beladen met drie ringen van zilver 2. en 3. in zilver een hamei van sabel; hartschild: in goud getralied van sabel.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on July 8, 1986.

The new arms combine the old arms with the arms of Ingooigem (second and third quarter) and Vichte (escutcheon).

The previous arms were granted on June 1st, 1933.

The arms are derived from the arms of the Lords of Hemsrode, who owned the estate of Anzegem for many centuries. The arms are mentioned for the Lords of Hemsrode since the 16th century. St. John Baptist is the patron saint of the village.


The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

The arms on a police badge (source)


Follow us :   
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Servais, 1955; new arms provided by the Anzegem council.