As (Limburg)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
Belgium.jpg
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique
Belgium-flag.jpg

AS

Province : Limburg
Additions : 1970 Niel bij As

Wapen van As (Limburg) / Arms of As (Limburg)

Official blazon

In zilver een geplante boom van sinopel, vergezeld links van een hert van keel klimmend tegen de stam. Het schild geplaatst voor een Sint-Amor houdende in de rechterhand een pelgrimsstaf en op de linkerhand een kerk, het geheel van goud.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on October 13, 1987.

The arms are those of the De Saren family, last Lords of As. In 1772 Willem Arnold de Saren, Baron van Othée acquired the village of As. They remained Lords of As until 1826.

The supporter is the patron saint, Saint Amor, of the chapter of Sint-Amor in Munsterbilzen, an abbey which had possessions and an outpost in the village in the 16th and 17th century.

Wapen van/Blason de As (Limburg)

The arms on a police badge (source)


Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Image provided by Rudy Vanhorenbeeck, Belgium.