|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on February 27, 1995.
The arms are a combination of the historical parts, which are now part of the district. The first quarter shows the arms of the Counts of Aschersleben, the second quarter is the Prussian eagle as the county belonged since 1650 to Brandenburg-Prussia, the third quarter shows the arms of the State of Anhalt, which are similar to the arms of the Counts of Bernburg, and the fourth quarter shows the arms of the Duchy of Magdeburg.
Literature : Papendieck, H. : Die Wappen der Landkreise und kreisfreien Städte des Landes Sachsen-Anhalt. Landesarchiv Magdeburg, 1996.