|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Oberösterreich
District : Linz-Land
The arms were officially granted on October 7, 1974.
The anchor refers to the former importance of shipping in Raffelstetten in the municipality. Around 903 a toll was established on all shipping passing Raffelstetten by Count Aribo of Bayern (on request of King Ludwig IV the Child), which functioned for many centuries. It also refers to the fact that the village was an important harbour between 1400 and 1600.
The two coins show the front and the reverse of a coin from King Ludwig IV the Child issued in Köln.
A silver denarius from King Ludwig IV the Child (source)
Literature : Baumert, H.E. : Oberösterreichische Gemeindewappen, Linz, 1996.