Au in der Hallertau
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
AU IN DER HALLERTAU
(de) Gespaltener Schild, vorne von Gold über Grün geteilt, hinten von Schwarz-Silber einundzwanzigfach geschacht.
The arms were officially granted in 1448 from King Friedrich III.
The oldest known seal of the city, dating from 1486 thus also showed the above arms. The three roses are derived from the arms of the Counts of Moosburg and their successors the Lords of Stein, who ruled the city until 1306. The arms have never been changed, with the exception of an image from the early 18th century. The arms were in 1723 shown identically to the arms of the Counts of Toerring who ruled the city at the time.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.