|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on January 21, 1948 and confirmed on Augyust 30, 1974.
The arms are a combination of the deer antler of the Counts of Württemberg and the banner of the Counts of Tübingen. The latter founded the city of Böblingen and played a major role in the history of the district.
The first arms of the district were granted on October 14, 1927.
The plane symbolised the local airport and the Klemm-Leicht plane factory. After the second world war these did no longer exist and the new arms were devised and granted.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.