Böhringen (Radolfzell am Bodensee)
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In gespaltenem Schild vorne in Silber ein rotes Kreuz, hinten in Blau über silbernem Schrägbalken ein nach oben schreitender, rot bezungter goldener Löwe.
The arms were officially adopted in 1896.
The arms show a red cross for the Reichenau Abbey and a golden lion and silver bend for the Lords of Friedingen. The cross is also part of the arms of the city of Radolfzell, to which the village historically belonged until 1810 and again from 1974. The Lords of Friedingen had their estate in the village and thus played an important part in the local history.The municipality applied for a new seal in 1896 to the State Archives of Baden. The Archives thus proposed the above arms for the municipality to be used on the seal. The municipality accepted the proposal and had a new seal made.
Literature : Zier and Rössler, 1964