|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Rot unter einer goldenen Krone eine gestürzte silberne Pflugschar, deren Schaft beiderseits von je einem fünfstrahligen goldenen Stern begleitet wird.
The plough iron is the oldest known village sign of Bünzwangen, known since the 17th century. The plough iron appears in combination with two stars in the seal of the councillor Jakob Hummel from 1720 and with a crown and palm branches in the seal of councillor Johann Falkenstein from 1781. These symbols were combined in the above arms, which were granted on June 19, 1957.
Literature : Gönner and Bardua, 1966