|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on June 3, 1959.
The chief shows the deer antler from the arms of Württemberg, as the district became part of Württemberg in 1297. The orb is taken from the arms of the city of Backnang. The third field shows the arms of the Schenken of Limpurg. The double-beaker appears in the arms of the Limpurg family in 1292 and symbolise their function (Schenker was a civic function, meaning 'pouring', hence the beaker).
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.