|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Silber auf blauem Wellenschildfuß ein roter Brunnen mit zwei Schalen und mit aufsteigendem blauem Wasserstrahl.
The oldest known seal of the town dates from 1820 and shows the letters ÜK ant two laurel branches. In 1930 a new seal was used with the arms of Württemberg. Just before the Second World War the municipality adopted a new seal with a fountain in a shield.
The present arms were devised in 1959 and are based on this seal. The fountain and the waves represent the local mineral springs, the colours are taken from the arms of the Counts of Helferstein who ruled the village until the early 15th century.
Literature : Gönner and Bardua, 1966; Bardua, 1987.