|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Oberösterreich
District : Perg
The arms were officially granted on April 23, 1979.
The arms first appear on the oldest seal of the town, dating from 1510. The cross is most likely adopted as a symbol for the yearly festivities on the Kreuzerhöhung, which were first held on September 14, 1482. The meaning and origin of the sheep is not known.
The arms in the Abadie albums
Literature : Baumert, H.E. : Oberösterreichische Gemeindewappen, Linz, 1996.