Bad Lauterberg im Harz
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
BAD LAUTERBERG IM HARZ
- (de) Durch Zinnenschnitt von Rot und Gold geteilt; auf den Zinnen ein schreitender, herschauender, blaubezungter und blaubewehrter goldener Löwe; unten auf Gold vier Balken.
The arms were officially granted on January 18, 1974.
The arms are based on the 13th century arms of the Counts of Lutterberg (later Lauterberg).
The previous arms were granted in 1951.
These arms are based on the seal of the city from 1737. The seal also showed St. Anthony, the patron saint, as supporter.
The first and fourth quarter show the arms of the Counts of Lutterberg, who ruled in the town until the end of the 14th century. The second quarter shows the arms of the Counts of Hohenstein, who ruled the town from 1402-1593.
In the Kaffee Hag albums of the early 20th century the arms were shown with a different colour in the third quarter, see below.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Municipal stationery, 1960s
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Kaffee Hag picture albums, 1920s.