Bad Schandau

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


BAD SCHANDAU

State : Sachsen
District (Kreis) : Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge (until 2008 Sächsische Schweiz)
Additions : 1978 Krippen, Ostrau, Postelwitz, Schmilka

Wappen von Bad Schandau/Arms (crest) of Bad Schandau
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

Schandau received in 1480 from Prince Ernst of Sachsen the right to use its own seal and arms. It was already described that the arms should show a ship. Ever since the town has used these arms, which were formally granted in 1897. The ship probably indicates the importance of shipping on the Elbe at the time.

Seal of Bad Schandau

Seal from around 1900
Seal of Bad Schandau

Seal from around 1900
Wappen von Bad Schandau

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925



This page is part of the
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal

Mecklenv1.jpg

German heraldry:

Leverku2.jpg

Selected collector's items from Germany:


Support the site:

Contact us:

Our partners:



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink

Literature: Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s; Benzing et al, 1984