|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Salzburg
District : Hallein
The arms were granted on April 27, 1962.
The arms show the head of the local patron saint, St. Dionysius. The three balls are derived from the arms of the Nonnenberg Convent, which owned much of the territory in the municipality for over 1000 years.
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985