|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were formally granted in 1858 by Grand-Duke Ludwig of Hessen.
The arms are based on the oldest seal of the local council, dating from the 17th century. The arms are based on elements from the arms of former ruling families. The red chevrons on gold are the arms of the Counts of Hanau, the chevrons in silver of the Lords of Eppstein. The lower half shows the arms of the Lords of Münzenberg-Falkenstein.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.