Bad Wilsnack

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Brandenburg
District (Kreis) : Prignitz
Additions : 1974 Groß Lüben, Klein Lüben; 2001 Grube
Amt : Amt Bad Wilsnack/Weisen

Wappen von Bad Wilsnack/Arms (crest) of Bad Wilsnack
Official blazon
German In Blau auf grünem Boden eine silberne Kirche mit rot-geschindeltem Dach und Dachreiter, schwarzer Tür, schwarzen Fenstern und einem Rundturm beiderseits des Portals; die Türme haben schwarz-beknaufte rote Spitzdächer.
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on January 8, 1992.

The arms are first appeared on the local seal from 1586 and show the local church devoted to St. Nicholas. The church was an important church which attracted many pilgrims in medieval times until the 16th century. After a fire in the church in 1383 three non burned hosts were found, all three also had a drop of blood, which was considered a miracle and many people flooded to the city to see the holy blood. The three hosts were burned (...) by the first Lutheran priest after the Reformation.

The arms have not been changed since.

Wappen von Bad Wilsnack/Coat of arms (crest) of Bad Wilsnack

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Hupp 1896, 1898; Bensing et al., 1984