|German||In Blau auf grünem Boden eine silberne Kirche mit rot-geschindeltem Dach und Dachreiter, schwarzer Tür, schwarzen Fenstern und einem Rundturm beiderseits des Portals; die Türme haben schwarz-beknaufte rote Spitzdächer.|
The arms were officially granted on January 8, 1992.
The arms are first appeared on the local seal from 1586 and show the local church devoted to St. Nicholas. The church was an important church which attracted many pilgrims in medieval times until the 16th century. After a fire in the church in 1383 three non burned hosts were found, all three also had a drop of blood, which was considered a miracle and many people flooded to the city to see the holy blood. The three hosts were burned (...) by the first Lutheran priest after the Reformation.
The arms have not been changed since.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site