Incorporated into : 1965 Richmond upon Thames
Arms : Azure on a Saltire Or between four Ostrich feathers Argent two Oars in saltire proper the blade of that to the dexter dark blue and that to the sinister light blue.
Crest : On either side a Griffin Gules the dexter gorged with a Collar flory Or charged with four Crosses patee fitchee Sable the sinister gorged with a like Collar charged with as many Lozenges also Sable.
Motto: 'NOT FOR OURSELVES ALONE'
The arms were officially granted on October 5, 1932.
The ostrich feathers refer to the Duke of Windsor (at the time of the grant, Prince of Wales), who was born at White Lodge in Richmond Park. The oars, in the light and dark blue of Oxford and Cambridge refer to the University Boat Race, which ends at Mortlake. It is interesting to note that the arms are blazoned as 'dark blue' and 'light blue', as the term azure does not indicate differnt shades of blue.
The griffins are derived from the heraldry of the Earls Spencer, Lords of the Manor of Mortlake. The crosslets are from the arms of the Archbishops of Canterbury, who at one time held the manor and the lozenges are from the arms of the Bishop of Southwark, in whose diocese Barnes lies.