|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1926 and are based on the seal of the village from 1622. The seal already showed the spade, most likely a village sign, symbolising the importance of agriculture in the village. The colours were not known, and are derived from the colours of the State of Mainz to which the village belonged from 1269-1802.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.