From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 10:20, 28 January 2024 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Additions :" to "Additions:")
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Vlaams-Brabant
Additions: 1977 Alsemberg, Dworp, Huizingen, Lot

Wapen van Beersel/Arms (crest) of Beersel

Official blazon

  • (1846) D'argent à trois lios de sable.
  • (1986) Gevierendeeld 1. en 4. in sabel een leeuw van goud, geklauwd en getongd van keel 2. en 3. in zilver een uitgeschulpt kruis van lazuur. Het schild geplaatst voor een geplante eikeboom van natuurlijke kleur.


The previous arms were granted on June 27, 1846 and the current arms on July 8, 1986.

The arms are based on the seals of the local council from 1630 and 1694. The arms are those of the Lords of Wittem, who acquired the estate of Beersel in 1362 and held it until the middle of the 17th century.

The old arms show three lions, derived from the arms of the Halewijn family. In 1491 Filips van Wittem married Anna van Halewijn. He and some of his descendants used the Halewijn arms as an inescutcheon on the Wittem arms (see also Ruisbroek). In 1846 the three lions were seen as the arms of the village itself and were thus granted.

Wapen van/Blason de Beersel

The old arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Wapen van/Blason de Beersel

The arms on a police badge (source)
Wapen van/Blason de Beersel

The arms on a municipal medal

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Servais, M. : Armorial des provinces et des communes de Belgique. Liege, 1955, 1041 p