|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The first arms were granted in March 1936, the latter on June 15, 1992 and June 1st, 1995.
The bear on a wall is a canting symbol and is identical to the arms of the Princes of Anhalt from the Bernburg branch. The dynasty was split in several branches in 1251. The arms were the main part of the arms of the Princes, the Principality and later the State of Anhalt. The present arms thus go back to the old arms of Anhalt.
The former arms show the arms of the four territories that owned part of the present county, as well as the arms of Anhalt in an escutcheon. The first quarter shows the arms of the county Askanien, the second the ounty Warmsdorf, the third the county Mühlingen and the fourth quarter, Mary and Jezus sybolise the abbey of Nienburg.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Papendieck, H. : Die Wappen der Landkreise und kreisfreien Städte des Landes Sachsen-Anhalt. Landesarchiv Magdeburg, 1996.