|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on November 22, 1951.
The gate is the gate of the Cistercian Convent founded in 1231 by Otto von Ravensberg and abandoned in 1786. Since 1816 it is used as district hall. The wheel is taken from the arms of the State of Osnabrück, as the area was since 1235 part of Osnabrück.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.