|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on March 29, 1976.
The arms are taken from the arms of the medieval Lords of Bexbach, with the addition of the miner's tools as a symbol for the mining in the area.
The previous arms, granted on January 13, 1951, shown below, are in the original colours of the Lords of Bexbach. The new arms show the field green to distinguish the arms from those of the old municipality.
Literature : Debus, 1988