|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Rot ein runder silberner Zinnenturm mit Quaderunterbau.
Bietigheim received city rights in 1364 from Emperor Karl IV and was walled later during the 14th century. The oldest known seal dates from the early 15th century and showed a single tower. The tower was the remains of the local castle and was used until 1542 as bell tower. All later seals and images show the same composition. The colours have not changed since 1535.
The arms in the Chorographia Württemberg (Wolleber, 1591)
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms on an 1877 poster
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.