The arms were granted in 1939 and show the legendary Mäuseturm tower. The castle was built around 1000 on a mountaintop on the Rhein river. The castle has been a hallmark for ships ever since. The tower is still used as a beacon.
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink