|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Salzburg
District : Sankt Johann im Pongau
The arms were officially granted on August 9, 1927.
The arms show in the upper half the arms of the Princely Abbey of Chiemsee, to which the town historically belonged. The base shows the hand of a judge and indicates that the town was the seat of a court for a very long time.
The seal from around 1900
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985