|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on July 9, 1951.
The castle in the right half of the arms is taken from the arms of the city of Bitburg. The crosses and the stars are added and symbolise the Bitburg Abbey. The cross in the left half is the cross of the State of Trier, as the Southern part of the district historically belonged to Trier.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.