The arms were granted on February 15, 1939 and February 28, 1995.
The arms are a combination of the arms of the four territories that had possessions in the present county. The first and fourth quarter show the arms of the Counts of Brehna from before 1290. The County Brehna formed the heart of the present county. The lion is the arms of the County of Meissen, who owned the area around Zörbig. The third quarter is the arms of the County Landsberg.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Support the site:
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Literature: Papendieck, H. : Die Wappen der Landkreise und kreisfreien Städte des Landes Sachsen-Anhalt. Landesarchiv Magdeburg, 1996.